Hearing Aids, Hearing Tests and Hearing Aid Repair
Welcome to UpState Hearing Instruments, an experienced hearing aid center with 5 CA locations in Red Bluff, Chico, Redding, Weaverville and Susanville, California. Our CA licensed team provides advanced hearing care with the latest hearing aid technology and thorough follow-up care. Schedule a FREE consultation today!
UpState Hearing is the best. They treat you like family..." -Fred W.
Get a Two Week FREE Trial on hearing aids from Upstate Hearing InstrumentsAvailable on all of the latest hearing technology
We hold monthly classes for all new hearing device fittings; held in our Redding office. All are welcome to attend.
Hearing Aid Help
Get help using, maintaining and taking care of your hearing aids with these easy-to-follow guides and videos.
Why Choose Upstate Hearing Instruments?
For over 25 years Upstate Hearing Instruments has provided excellent hearing device services to the North State and North Sacramento Valley area. We offer hearing tests, hearing aids, hearing aid fittings, hearing aid repair, hearing loss education, and so much more.
Signs of hearing loss
Hearing loss can cause frustration and sadness. Many people feel a sense of loneliness and isolation when dealing with the long-term effects of hearing loss. When the vibrant sounds of life become muffled or barely audible many people may begin to avoid activities they once enjoyed. But you don't have to miss out on the sounds of life if a hearing aid can increase your hearing ability. Meeting with an audiologist and exploring your hearing needs and options at the first signs of hearing loss can help you maintain your best hearing ability. The following are some signs that you may have hearing loss:
- Sounds become more muffled
- Struggle to hear people when they talk, whisper, or call from another room
- Struggle to follow a conversation when in a group setting
- Hearing others on the phone is more difficult
- Notice turning up the tv more than usual
- Asking others to repeat themselves more often than usual
Hearing loss prevention
Ageing, injury, and exposure to loud noises are among the top leading causes of hearing loss. Taking precautions with your hearing is vital in protecting against preventable hearing loss. Here are some ways you can protect against hearing loss.
- Wear earplugs when around loud noises and limit exposure to loud noises when possible
- When using headphones or earbuds turn music or sound up loud enough to hear it and no more.
- Try to limit headphone and earbud use to an hour at a time with short breaks in between.
- If at risk for noise-induced hearing loss get yearly hearing checks to track hearing ability.
- Make sure to give your ears a break when you've been around loud noises for an extended period of time.
- Get regular hearing check-ups to monitor hearing if you have any concerns about hearing loss.
- Avoid sticking things in your ear.
- Try to maintain healthy stress levels and a healthy lifestyle.
- Keep ears dry.
Not all hearing loss can be prevented such as hearing loss caused by disease or illness. It is best to consult an audiologist to discuss your options based on the cause of your hearing loss.
Enjoy the Latest from Our Blog
Receive high-quality content to your inbox each week.
My husband and I have always been treated as friends. Your product has helped us feel comfortable with friends and family. We are able to hear in church and were lost before. Thank you all.
The Chico office staff are so professional, caring and truly helpful. They are more than a dispensary. They are competent and committed!
The team continues to meet the challenges in pursuit of improved hearing for the client. It is pleasant to do business with such a helpful, good-natured group.
To me the service I receive is as important as the product purchased. I switched to UpState Hearing for the service and have not been dissapointed. I am also satisfied with the products carried.
I appreciate all of your help and your willingness to work with my insurance.
I am receiving quality help from Michelle Kahl, AuD. Dr. Kahl has been patient and considerate. She has answered my many questions to my satisfaction.
Upstate hearing has wonderful staff! Ken has worked very hard to help me hear the very best possible.
Very happy with service including ongoing "fine-tuning"
I am so glad you are in Red Bluff and supply all of the needed items for my hearing aids.
There is a very friendly and welcoming environment at UpState. This is the first and only office that I have ever been to that served coffee and cookies!